Real life weight loss stories: Ruth Watts
My daughter had just given birth and my grandson Callum, then 4, turned to me and said, 'Mummy's had her baby, but, Nana, when are you having yours?' I was mortified!
I'd been a yo-yo dieter for over 30 years. I'd tried every diet and always put the weight back on - and more - until I was a size 24!
My health was suffering. I had to lean on the sink to wash up and climb the stairs on all fours!
Then I bought a slimming mag and was so inspired by one story, I tried the Slimming World plan myself.
I loved it! No foods were banned, and I ate three meals a day including my favourite chicken curry with pilau rice and Bombay potatoes - I never felt hungry or deprived.
In just over a year, I'd hit my target and lost over 6st, which I've kept off. Now I'm a size 10 to 12, feel younger than ever, and, best of all I can run around with my grandchildren until they're tired!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite