Real life weight loss stories: Ruth Watts
My daughter had just given birth and my grandson Callum, then 4, turned to me and said, 'Mummy's had her baby, but, Nana, when are you having yours?' I was mortified!
I'd been a yo-yo dieter for over 30 years. I'd tried every diet and always put the weight back on - and more - until I was a size 24!
My health was suffering. I had to lean on the sink to wash up and climb the stairs on all fours!
Then I bought a slimming mag and was so inspired by one story, I tried the Slimming World plan myself.
I loved it! No foods were banned, and I ate three meals a day including my favourite chicken curry with pilau rice and Bombay potatoes - I never felt hungry or deprived.
In just over a year, I'd hit my target and lost over 6st, which I've kept off. Now I'm a size 10 to 12, feel younger than ever, and, best of all I can run around with my grandchildren until they're tired!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles