Real life weight loss stories: Peter Clitheroe
"I was 23st 10lb at my biggest but had the attitude of 'Oh, well, I'll be OK.'
"Then I went to my GP with an eye problem. I had a blood test and was told I had Type-2 diabetes. But it was the best thing that could've happened - as it made me determined to lose weight.
"So, last year, I joined WeightWatchers and now weigh 15st!
"Looking at old photos, I now realise how big I was and how much I put my health at risk.
"These days, I eat healthily and can almost control my diabetes naturally.
"I hated running, but this year I entered the Great Manchester Run to raise money for Diabetes UK.
" I trained hard, running every other night and using Wii Fit in between. Now, I can chase after my 5 and 3-year-olds and not feel cream crackered!"
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies