Real life weight loss stories: Kerry Roberts
'Take a look at these pictures,' said my sister to me.
'I flicked through them and burst into tears. I looked terrible! I'd piled on the weight in the last three years, I'd had a breast-cancer scare (a false alarm), my father-in-law died, my husband was in a car accident, and my eldest son was diagnosed with Crohn's disease.
'I turned to food for comfort. Then a friend told me about Curves, an all-women gym that she'd just joined. I only agreed to go with her to get her off my case! I was surprised to find the women were ordinary, just like me, and I really enjoyed the circuit-training.
'I started to eat more healthily and now I've lost over 2 1/2 st.
'I always wear trousers, so my greatest wish is to wear a skirt this Christmas - and I've got my eye on one...'
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite