Real life weight loss stories: Vicki Capes
'Come on sis, there's a sale on!' said my sisters as they dragged me into a clothes shop.
Hah! I thought. I can't fit one of my legs into those things! So while they tried clothes on, I felt like a spare part and decided then and there to lose weight.
I'd never lost the weight I'd put on having my kids, and four years after my second was born, I weighed over 17st.
So I joined Slimming World and was amazed at how much I could eat and still lose weight! A lean, full English breakfast and my favourite - a chilli!
I lost 5 1/2lb in the first week, and 19 months later, I was 8st lighter and a size-10!
I started swimming, then jogging an even ran a half-marathon!
Last September, I got to the semi-final of the Slimming World Woman of the Year, and I was the regional finalist. Me!
But, best of all, I just loving buying size-10 clothes!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu