Real life weight loss stories: Trish Ward
Now... 16 1/2st
"'Have the op, or you'll die,' said the doctor. I had thyroid problems and a lump on my neck. Having an op at my weight posed major risks, but, despsite the risks, I went ahead.
"But after, I joined a Fitness First gym and along with a first month's free membership, I got three one-to-one sessions with personal trainer, Elliot.
"I started to eat sensibly, went to the gym three times a week and saw Elliot once a month.
"I was gaining confidence and getting fitter, so I started seeing Eliiot twice a month. Then last December, I won the 'Christmas Challenge' and got three free personal training sessions!
"Selling Elliot once a week, I really started to lose weight. "This July, I ran the Race for Life in less than an hour!
"As I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, which can leave me virtually immobile, I'm really pleased to have lost 6st and dropped five dress sizes.
"I'd love to be a size-14, so to motivate me, I've entered the Fitness First's New You Achievement Awards. My dream - if I lose enough weight - is to do a tandem skydive to celebrate my 60th!"
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed