Real life weight loss sories: Rachel Evans
"Well, there it was in full colour, on 5 January this year. I was looking at my Christmas photos and I was fat. I'd been a tiny 8-10, but recently I couldn't stop eating. It was as if my on/off switch had broken.
"I started to feel ill, and even when I was doubled up with stomach cramps, I put it down to being a pig!
"I felt dreadful over Christmas, so straight after, I went to the doctor. He said it was gallstones. But I was determined to lose weight, and I signed up with The Cambridge Weight Plan. I had replacement meals - either porridge, milkshake or soup. With the low-calorie intake, I lost 10lb in the first week and 20lb in three weeks.
"It was only when I introduced normal food back into my diet that the cramps returned. By May, I'd lost 4st 6lb. But I couldn't live on replacement meals for the rest of my life, so I had the gallstones op.
"I feel amazing. The best thing is shopping. Last week, I tried on a size-12 dress and it was too big...I was thrilled!"
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!