Real life weight loss stories: Gail Riley
"'You're obese,' said the nurse at the GP's. I'd gone for a routine medical...
"As I'm only 4ft 11in, she told me I was seriously putting my health at risk.
"Back home, I gazed at myself in the mirror and tears rolled down my cheeks. To everyone else, I was bubbly Gail but, inside, I felt sad and ashamed.
"It was a turning point. A week later, I joined a gym and lost 7lb.
"Then I heard about a diet called All About W8. So in December 2008, weighing 13st 7lb, I gave it a go.
"I started on the Rapid Programme and lost 7lb in my first week.
"Seven months later, I'd reached my target weight of 9st. I went shopping, tried on a size-10. As I stared in the mirror, I cried again - but this time tears of happiness as I'm just so proud of myself."
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies