Why it's good for you: Avocado boasts a whole range of health and beauty benefits. They're high in monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly in the form of oleic acid (known to give significant protection against breast cancer).They also help lower cholesterol, and half a medium avocado counts as one of your five-a-day!
Calories: 133 (for 85g)
Portion size: Supermarket pots of guacamole are 170g, so aim for a portion that's half this amount of homemade guacamole (85g)
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies