Why it's good for you: Avocado boasts a whole range of health and beauty benefits. They're high in monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly in the form of oleic acid (known to give significant protection against breast cancer).They also help lower cholesterol, and half a medium avocado counts as one of your five-a-day!
Calories: 133 (for 85g)
Portion size: Supermarket pots of guacamole are 170g, so aim for a portion that's half this amount of homemade guacamole (85g)
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home