Why it's good for you: Avocado boasts a whole range of health and beauty benefits. They're high in monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly in the form of oleic acid (known to give significant protection against breast cancer).They also help lower cholesterol, and half a medium avocado counts as one of your five-a-day!
Calories: 133 (for 85g)
Portion size: Supermarket pots of guacamole are 170g, so aim for a portion that's half this amount of homemade guacamole (85g)
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu