Why they're good for you: Some American research has indicated that eating 3oz (85g) of walnuts daily in place of other fat sources lowered blood cholesterol levels - although that would be a large amount of calories as a snack. They're also one of the few good plant sources of the omega 3 fats - good news for veggies or those that don't like oily fish!
Calories: 185 (28g)
Portion size: 28g is a good portion size to go for when snacking on walnuts (roughly 14 halves)
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed