Why they're good for you: Some American research has indicated that eating 3oz (85g) of walnuts daily in place of other fat sources lowered blood cholesterol levels - although that would be a large amount of calories as a snack. They're also one of the few good plant sources of the omega 3 fats - good news for veggies or those that don't like oily fish!
Calories: 185 (28g)
Portion size: 28g is a good portion size to go for when snacking on walnuts (roughly 14 halves)
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!