Hard boiled egg
Why it's good for you: Don't fall into the trap of thinking it's just egg whites that are good for you, both parts of an egg are rich in nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals. The yolk also contains essential fatty acids. According to the NHS, although eggs contain cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the cholesterol we get from eating eggs.
Calories: 78 (1 large egg)
Portion size: Snack on one when you're feeling peckish for a real protein hit
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies