Hard boiled egg
Why it's good for you: Don't fall into the trap of thinking it's just egg whites that are good for you, both parts of an egg are rich in nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals. The yolk also contains essential fatty acids. According to the NHS, although eggs contain cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the cholesterol we get from eating eggs.
Calories: 78 (1 large egg)
Portion size: Snack on one when you're feeling peckish for a real protein hit
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu