Warburtons Giant Crumpets (105g)
CASH found that just one of these fluffy breakfast treats contain around the same amount of salt as three (yes, three!) bags of crisps.
Although these crumpets are larger than their supermarket counterparts, Waitrose's crumpets contained half the concentration of salt with 0.75g per 100g, whereas Warburtons pack 1.48g per 100g. And when you consider that one of the nation's favourite crumpet toppings is the equally salty spread Marmite, you can quickly see how all of that sodium adds up...
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles