Sacla Pesto No.1 Classic Basil (45g)
Bad news for pesto fans, as CASH points out that Sacla's popular product packs a whopping 1.5g salt per serving - that's more than a McDonald's burger, and, shockingly, 30% saltier than seawater.
The body also highlighted the brand's Italia Organic Vegetarian Pesto No 5 Basil as containing the same high levels of salt. Sacla, however, say that their products are designed to be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies