Sainsbury's Lighter Mature British Cheddar (30g)
Bad news for cheese lovers who pick up this reduced-fat cheese as a healthier choice - it's become much saltier in recent years.
CASH revealed that since 2012, the salt content of this product has gone up a staggering 16%, from 1.7g per 100g to 1.98% per 100g. And when you consider your allowance of salt is a mere 6g a day, that little increase could make a big dent.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies