If, like us, you tend to conveniently forget that your favourite dip actually contains a high amount of fat and salt, then it's time for a gentle reminder! Because you could be unknowingly eating much more salt than you realise, especially if you're a taramasalata fan...
According to new research from health campaigners Consensus Action on Salt and Health (Cash), dips contain a whole heap salt, with an average content of 1.25g per 100g.
ASDA's taramasalata came out as the saltiest in the study, with a serving containing as much salt as thirteen Ritz crackers.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite