If, like us, you tend to conveniently forget that your favourite dip actually contains a high amount of fat and salt, then it's time for a gentle reminder! Because you could be unknowingly eating much more salt than you realise, especially if you're a taramasalata fan...
According to new research from health campaigners Consensus Action on Salt and Health (Cash), dips contain a whole heap salt, with an average content of 1.25g per 100g.
ASDA's taramasalata came out as the saltiest in the study, with a serving containing as much salt as thirteen Ritz crackers.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies