Warburtons Giant Crumpets (105g)
CASH found that just one of these fluffy breakfast treats contain around the same amount of salt as three (yes, three!) bags of crisps.
Although these crumpets are larger than their supermarket counterparts, Waitrose's crumpets contained half the concentration of salt with 0.75g per 100g, whereas Warburtons pack 1.48g per 100g. And when you consider that one of the nation's favourite crumpet toppings is the equally salty spread Marmite, you can quickly see how all of that sodium adds up...
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!