Want to look younger? Tone up your face and stop the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the best anti-ageing facial exercises from Carole Maggio's best-selling book, The Ultimate Facercise.
Reducing the appearance of wrinkles doesn’t necessarily have to come from a beauty product. Carole Maggio’s Ultimate Facercise shows how exercising the muscles in your face and neck can help prevent sagging and ageing, leaving you with a toned and youthful face.
Not only are these anti-ageing exercises free of charge but they work, if you don’t believe us try out these 6 facercises and watch and feel the transformation in just weeks!
– Spread your fingers across the centre of your forehead.
– Pull your fingertips down against your brows and push your eyebrows up and hold the tension.
– Look up to the ceiling and push your face forwards and shoulders back for resistance. Keep going until you feel a burn or a tension on your forehead.
– Hold for a count of 30 and perform twice a day.
This exercise stops the hooding effect on your upper eyelids, as well as getting rid of those question-mark lines between the brows and the lines on the forehead.
– Place your two index fingers together between your brows and wrap your thumbs lightly around the outer-eye corners as if you have a pair of sunglasses on.
– Squeeze your eyes shut tightly while you pull your two index fingers up slightly between your brows and pull your thumbs up towards the top of your ears.
– Re-squeeze your eyes shut very tight. Breathe normally and push your face forward and shoulders back to add resistance.
– Hold this position and count to 40. Perform this exercise twice a day.
The Eye Opener exercises the muscle which surrounds your entire eye, tones the upper and lower eyelids and reduces under eye puffiness.
– Place your index fingers lightly at your outer-eye corners where you can feel the lower eyelid lashes.
– Make a strong squint up with your lower eyelids – you should feel the outer eye muscles pulse.
– Look up to the ceiling, push your face forward and your shoulders back.
– Hold the squint for a count of 40 and repeat this exercise twice a day.
Benefits:This exercise strengthens your eye muscle, gets rid of under-eye hollows and reduces under-eye puffiness.
– Open your mouth and roll your lower lip in over your bottom teeth.
– Wrap the corners of your mouth inside, pulling them towards your back teeth to make a small mouth.
– Keeping your upper lip pressed down against your teeth, slowly open and close your mouth five times as if your mouth corners and chin were connected.
– Pull your chin and face towards the ceiling with your shoulders back.
– Place your hand at your chin and move it to the middle of your face and then to the top of your head as you look up.
– Pulse your hand 30 times above your head and blow out between your lips. Do this exercise two to three times a day.
The Jaw Toner will give you a well defined, toned jawline.
– Grasp the bridge of your nose with your thumb and index finger. Pinch the bridge and push your thumb and index finger towards your face.
– Push your nose tip up firmly with your other index finger and flex your nose down by pulling your upper lip down over your teeth.
– Hold for a second and then release the lip. Repeat this exercise 40 times, whilst breathing at a normal rate.
Benefits:Our nose continues to widen and grow throughout our lives and this exercise helps it to retain a youthful, firmer shape. Exercising our nose also gets the blood pumping and oxygen flowing throughout the entire upper lip and nose area making it look and feel plumper and healthier.
– Sit tall and straight with your tummy pulled in.
– Place one hand on the front of your neck with light pressure and one hand on the wall or work surface, while pointing your chin up to the ceiling.
– Smile strongly, pushing out your tongue and curling it up towards your nose.
– Push away from the wall with your hand quickly as if you were a rocking chair. Rock backwards, not forwards, towards the wall.
– Change sides with each rock and repeat 30 times.
This exercise strengthens and firms the chin, neck and jawline.
The Ultimate Facercise by Carole Maggio is available to buy nationwide for £12.99.