Make sure you know this year's Christmas posting dates! It's essential to know the last posting dates before Christmas to be sure your gifts arrive within plenty of time.
When working towards this year’s Christmas posting dates for your carefully chosen gifts and cards, it’s also worth bearing in mind that some post could be affected by bad weather, so the earlier you can get your cards and parcels in the post, the better! Below we have collated all the domestic and international last posting dates before Christmas 2018.
UK last Christmas posting dates 2018:
UK 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed For: Tuesday 18th December
UK Special Delivery Guaranteed: Saturday 22nd December
UK 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For: Thursday 20th December
UK Royal Mail Tracked 24 (available online only): Friday 21st December
HM Forces mail – (BFPO) Christmas posting dates 2018:
International Standard to operational HM Forces Mail Monday 26th November
International Standard to static HM Forces Mail Friday 14th December
International Economy last posting dates before Christmas 2018
Australia, New Zealand and all other non-European destinations (except Middle East, South Africa, Far East, USA and Canada) Friday 28th September
Middle and Far East (except Hong Kong and Singapore) Saturday 29th September
South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, USA and Canada Saturday 13th October
Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta and Iceland Saturday 3rd November
Western Europe Saturday 17th November
International Standard (airmail) and International tracking signature services posting dates before Christmas 2018:
Africa, Middle East Tuesday 4th December
Cyprus, Malta, Asia, Far East, Eastern Europe(except Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia) Friday 7th December
Caribbean, Central and South America Saturday 8th December
Greece, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand Monday 10th December
Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Poland Friday 14th December
Finland, Sweden Saturday 15th December
Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland Monday 17th December
Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg Tuesday 18th December
Christmas stamps, featuring all sorts of festive scenes from the Nativity story, are on sale at Post Office branches and on the Royal Mail’s website. They include letter and large letter stamps.
67p 1st class letter: For the majority of Christmas cards (under 100g)
£1.01 1st class large letter: For large or bulky Christmas cards (under 100g, between these sizes: Length 240-353mm, width 165-250mm, thickness 5-25mm)
58p 2nd class letter: Suitable for the majority of Christmas cards (under 100g)
79p 2nd class large letter: For very large or bulky Christmas cards (under 100g, between these sizes: Length 240-353mm, width 165-250mm, thickness 5-25mm
If you want to check prices before sending, use the Royal Mail price finder on their website.
If you don’t know the postcodes of your nearest and dearest, then don’t worry – Royal Mail has a handy postcode checker online. All you need to do is type in the first line of an address and it’ll generate a postcode for you.
To find out your nearest Post Office branch and its opening hours, visit postoffice.co.uk.
Letters to Santa
Did you know that there is a real address for Santa Claus? Download our FREE letter for Santa and let your little ones have a go writing their own letter to Santa.
What postal service should you use?
- For valuable or last-minute Christmas gifts and cards, Royal Mail’s Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm next day service is the best and prices start from £6.50.
- Airsure postal service takes mail from the UK on the first available flight to 35 countries worldwide. It then receives priority handling abroad and items are electronically tracked on their way to their destination. Prices start at £6 plus airmail postage.
- International ParcelFroce Worldwide means items receive a quick dispatch from the UK. Prices start at £12 plus airmail (or surface) postage and the service is available to most countries worldwide.
- Visit Royal Mail’s ‘delivery options’ for a full range of Airsure and International Signed-For postal services.
- Parcelforce Global Express postal service offers fast, international delivery across the world from next working day, and the Scheduled service takes from 3 working days. It’s available to 240 countries worldwide, and are both a good choice if you’re sending valuable and treasured items abroad.
- Global priority (to Europe) and Global economy (rest of the World) are cheaper alternatives, and the best options if you’re more bothered about cost than speed.
- For surface mail latest posting dates, which vary depending on the destination, visit parcelforce.com.
- In the UK, Parcelforce 48 delivers within 2 working days, Parcelforce 24 is for next working day delivery, and there are three premium-rate time-guaranteed services: by 9am, by 10am and by noon. Prices vary according to weight
- Check on royalmail.com for updates on specific countries, to download postal service prices and for full information about services.