Christmas will be here soon, so make sure your mail arrives on time with this round-up of the final Christmas posting dates!
With the pandemic set to continue slowing post down for the rest of the year it’s more important than ever to know the last posting dates before Christmas to be sure all your cards and presents arrive within plenty of time.
Although there have been concerns over whether post offices will be opening during the second lockdown, the service will keep running. However delays because of lockdown will mean the last postal dates before Christmas will be more packed than ever. So to beat the queues and make sure that all those carefully chosen Christmas toys for the lucky kids in your life are safely delivered, it’s definitely worth getting in there early.
Plus, with presents to loved ones far and wide out of the way, it’s less stress for you on an already stressful holiday!
These are all the internal UK and internal last posting dates before Christmas 2020….
UK last posting dates for Christmas 2020
- UK 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed for – Friday December 18 2020
- 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For and Royal Mail Tracked 48hrs – Monday December 21 2020
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 – Tuesday December 22
- Special Delivery Guaranteed – Wednesday 23 December
HM Forces mail – (BFPO) Christmas posting dates 2020
International Standard to static HM Forces Mail – Friday December 14.
For more specific guidance over the last date to send Christmas post to HM Forces, see the guidelines on the government’s website.
International Economy last posting dates before Christmas 2020
- All non-European destinations (except South Africa, Canada, Middle and Far East, USA) – Monday October 5
- Middle and Far East, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa – Monday October 12
- Canada, Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey, USA – Monday November 2
- Western Europe – Monday November 16
International Standard (airmail) and International tracking signature services posting dates before Christmas 2020
- Australia and New Zealand – Friday December 4 2020
- Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, Far and Middle East – Wednesday December 9 2020
- Canada, Cyprus, Malta – Thursday December 10 2020
- Greece, Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia) and Turkey – Friday December 11 2020
- Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA – Saturday December 12 2020
- Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland – Wednesday December 16 2020
- Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg – Friday December 18 2020
Christmas stamps, featuring all sorts of festive scenes from the Nativity story, are on sale at Post Office branches and on the Royal Mail’s website. They include letter and large letter stamps.
67p 1st class letter: For the majority of Christmas cards (under 100g)
£1.01 1st class large letter: For large or bulky Christmas cards (under 100g, between these sizes: Length 240-353mm, width 165-250mm, thickness 5-25mm)
58p 2nd class letter: Suitable for the majority of Christmas cards (under 100g)
79p 2nd class large letter: For very large or bulky Christmas cards (under 100g, between these sizes: Length 240-353mm, width 165-250mm, thickness 5-25mm
If you want to check prices before sending, use the Royal Mail price finder on their website.
If you don’t know the postcodes of your nearest and dearest, then don’t worry – Royal Mail has a handy postcode checker online. All you need to do is type in the first line of an address and it’ll generate a postcode for you.
To find out your nearest Post Office branch and its opening hours, visit postoffice.co.uk.
Letters to Santa
Did you know that there is a real address for Santa Claus? Download our FREE letter for Santa and let your little ones have a go writing their own letter to Santa.
What postal service should you use?
- For valuable or last-minute Christmas gifts and cards, Royal Mail’s Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm next day service is the best and prices start from £6.50.
- Airsure postal service takes mail from the UK on the first available flight to 35 countries worldwide. It then receives priority handling abroad and items are electronically tracked on their way to their destination. Prices start at £6 plus airmail postage.
- International ParcelFroce Worldwide means items receive a quick dispatch from the UK. Prices start at £12 plus airmail (or surface) postage and the service is available to most countries worldwide.
- Visit Royal Mail’s ‘delivery options’ for a full range of Airsure and International Signed-For postal services.
- Parcelforce Global Express postal service offers fast, international delivery across the world from next working day, and the Scheduled service takes from 3 working days. It’s available to 240 countries worldwide, and are both a good choice if you’re sending valuable and treasured items abroad.
- Global priority (to Europe) and Global economy (rest of the World) are cheaper alternatives, and the best options if you’re more bothered about cost than speed.
- For surface mail latest posting dates, which vary depending on the destination, visit parcelforce.com.
- In the UK, Parcelforce 48 delivers within 2 working days, Parcelforce 24 is for next working day delivery, and there are three premium-rate time-guaranteed services: by 9am, by 10am and by noon. Prices vary according to weight
- Check on royalmail.com for updates on specific countries, to download postal service prices and for full information about services.
So with post offices confirmed to be open this lockdown and the last postal dates before Christmas confirmed, get sending now!