We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Myleene Klass has now saved both her daughters from choking, thanks to her first-aid knowledge.
After preventing her youngest daughter Hero, now seven, from swallowing a small plastic star six years ago, Myleene has now had to save her 11-year-old daughter Ava from a chocking incident while they were on holiday.
The former Hear’say singer took to social media to warn other parents about the importance of first-aid training.
‘My daughter (the other one this time) choked on holiday and I only knew what to do because I’ve done a first aid course,’ the 40-year-old star tweeted.
‘Please parents, arm and educate yourselves. It happened so quickly. 5 mins later it was as if nothing had happened. I’ve just booked another refresher course.’
Several of Myleene’s followers commented on the post, including her friend and fellow singer Nicole Appleton, who wrote: ‘That must have been sooo scary!!’
Other fans were quick to agree that more parents should get first-aid training.
‘I think first aid should be taught at school the more people that know first aid that better as far as I’m concerned,’ one fan commented, while another agreed: ‘First Aid should be taught as part of mainstream education.’
A third added: ‘Gosh! How scary! Thank goodness you had the skills to save her life! Well gone you – super mama! #notallsuperheroeswearcapes’
Myleene has previously spoken about the time when Hero put a plastic star in her mouth in 2012, a week before her first birthday.
Myleene told The Mail On Sunday: ‘She’d gone really, really pale and there was a bit of blood coming out of her mouth.
‘I ran to her and could see she was struggling to get her breath, she wasn’t making any noise at all because of course she couldn’t, but that complete silence was utterly petrifying.
‘I felt sick and every party of my body ran cold. But from somewhere, what I’d learned five years before kicked in. The whole incident was over in about 20 seconds, but it felt like an hour.’