Wreaths aren’t just for doors – create this grey-and-white Christmas wreath cushion to add a festive feel to your living room that’ll look stylish all year round
Inspired by The White Company, this elegant cushion is made with subtle grey and cream colours. Stitched felt leaves are sewn in a ring shape to mimic the look of a wreath.
For an even more Christmassy look, sew up the design in red fabric with green holly-shaped leaves and red berry pompoms.
To make your Christmas wreath cushion you will need:
45 x 108cm cream cotton fabric
Three A4 sheets grey felt
White pompom trim
Matching sewing thread
Small side plate
Cricut machine (optional)
43cm square cushion pad
How to make your Christmas wreath cushion
1. From the cream fabric, cut two 31.5cm x 45cm rectangles and one 45cm square. Turn one of the long edges on each rectangle under by 1cm and then another 1cm. Pin and top stitch in a matching thread to secure.
2. From the grey felt sheets, cut out 60 small leaf shapes using the Cricut Maker. If you don’t have one, cut the leaves out freehand instead.
3. With right sides up, place a side plate in the centre of the cream fabric square and begin positioning and pinning the leaves into your preferred pattern. Use our photograph as a guide.
4. In a grey or cream thread, top stitch the leaves into place and knot the loose ends on the reverse of the cushion front.
5. Cut the trim into clusters of one, two or three pompoms and arrange them on top of the leaves at random. With a hand-sewing needle and matching cream thread, sew the pompoms to the cushion front.
6. With right sides facing, pin the cushion backs to the cushion front with the raw edges matching. Sew all the way around the edge with a 1.5cm seam allowance. Turn the cushion right sides out and press.