If you’re looking for a Halloween decoration that’s easy to make, doesn’t cost too much and provides a fun activity for your kids then you’ve come to the right place!
Our Halloween crafts for kids are the perfect way to spend some quality family time together.
These plant pot spiders will make the perfect addition to any Halloween party and would look great hanging from the ceiling or dotted around the room.
Pop into your local craft store and you’ll easily find everything you need to create these great decorations. Choose as many colours as you like and get creative with fun facial expressions for your new eight-legged friends.
You could even use them to create your own trick or treat game. Hide sweets and prizes under some and a nasty surprise of plastic bugs or fruit under others and let your little ones choose at random.
Your creepy crawlies will take no time at all to make and it’s so easy to get the kids involved painting, sticking on googly eyes and designing faces to go on each pot. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have these eight-legged creatures adorning your house in no time.
You will need
- Plastic plant pots
- Black, green and purple acrylic paints
- Paint brush
- Black, green, red and white self-adhesive felt
- Wiggle eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Hot melt glue gun or strong glue
How to make plant pot spiders
- Paint the outside of the plant pot with 2 coats of acrylic paint and then leave it to dry.
- Draw some eyes, a nose, a mouth and eyebrows on the self adhesive felt. Cut out and stick to the painted pot. Then add some wiggle eyes.
- Cut and bend 8 pipe cleaners into leg shapes. Stick to the underside of the flower pot with a hot melt glue gun or strong glue, and leave it to dry.