We're all about homemade food, not just from the healthy point of view but the thought of trying something new and experimenting in the kitchen too...
If you fancy ditching the takeaway and trying something new, swap your Friday night or Saturday night feast for homemade takeaways instead.
We know that having a takeaway can sometimes go from being a treat to being a bad habit, some of the food is just so delicious. But when you’re having a takeaway craving, you don’t need to always reach for the menu and the phone.
With homemade food you know exactly what you’re getting as you’re putting in the ingredients, so no nasty surprises when you dicover just how much salt content is actually in that cheeky takeaway.
Homemade food just tastes so much better than shop bought – and you can have loads of fun in the kitchen celebrating new and different ways of cooking.
You can make all of the recipes below with a little help from the kids and hubby too. It’s the perfect family activity to get the family working together as a team.
Take a look at some homemade takeaways below…
- Ham and mushroom pizza recipe
- Pepperoni pizza recipe
- Chicken and mushroom pizza recipe
- Red onion, artichoke and tomato pizza recipe
- Classic fish and chips recipe
- Slimming World's fish and chips recipe
- Oven baked fish and chips recipe
- Masala fish and chips recipe
Classic fish and chips sides:
- Pork kebabs Tandoori-style recipe (pictured)
- Lamb kebabs recipe
- Veggie kebabs recipe
- Lemon chicken kebabs recipe