Gino shows you how to make his mouthwatering fusilli with salami and creamy mushroom sauce, in an easy step-by-step video
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Per serving: 585 calories, 23g fat
Costs: £1.26 per serving
350g/12oz fusilli 70g pack salami (preferably salami Milano), cut into strips 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced 250g tub mascarpone cheese 45ml/3 tbsp dry white wine or water Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 100g/4oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or according to packet instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and when hot, add the salami and fry over a medium heat, for 4-5 mins or until crisp and the fat has come out the salami. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the salami to a plate.
3. Return the pan to the heat, add the mushrooms to the salami oil and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8 mins stirring occasionally until nicely browned.
4. Add the mascarpone with the wine or water, nutmeg and seasoning to the pan, then cook gently, stirring until the sauce is smooth.
5. Drain the pasta in a colander and tip into the sauce with the salami. Cook over a low heat until the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve in bowls with plenty of Parmesan cheese on top.
Check out Gino’s easy step-by-step video:
Send us your recipes and we’ll publish the best!
Save money on food with our coupons. Simply cut them out and take them to the shops with you.