Chocolate muffin recipe
Prep time:(includes 10 mins cooling time)
Cooking time:(may take 5 mins longer)
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This classic chocolate muffin recipe will make perfectly soft and rich in chocolate flavour muffins every time, so you can rest assured they will be a success with your friends and family. Chocolate muffins are any chocolate lover's dream treat. Everyone loves freshly made muffins and these quick and simple chocolate muffins with delicious chocolate chunks are made in just 3 easy steps. This recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins and will take about 55 mins to prepare and bake, so you can these lovely little treats ready in less than an hour. These muffins are ideal served cold with a cup of tea or warm drizzled in custard or with a scoop of ice cream for dessert. As this easy muffin recipe is so simple to make, you could even get the kids to help you make them - they'll love the experience!
goodtoknow user, Rebecca says: 'I make muffins for a living and this is how I would make chocolate muffins. I've tried and tested this recipe and it makes the muffins really delicious.'
- 250g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar (or 125g caster sugar and 50g muscovado sugar)
- 175ml milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml mild olive oil (or you can use sunflower oil if too strong-flavoured)
- 75g plain chocolate chunks
- 1-2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C, gas 5. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in the sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and mix lightly together.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake for approximately 20 mins or until golden and springy to the touch. Cool for 10 mins; transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.