A quick and easy Spanish style stew made in one pot, using chorizo sausage, onions, beans and wine in a tomato sauce. Great for a simple main course for lunch or dinner
- 250g (8oz) smoked chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 150ml (¼ pint) dry white wine
- 400g can plum tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 410g can cannellini beans or chickpeas
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Crusty bread, to serve
Fry the chorizo in a large frying pan, until it releases its oil. Add the onion, celery, red pepper and garlic, and cook until softened.
Stir in the wine, plum tomatoes and seasoning and simmer for 15 mins stirring occasionally to break up the tomatoes, until the sauce thickens.
Add the beans or chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 mins. Sprinkle generously with parsley and serve hot, or just warm.
Top tip for making Andalusian style chorizo with beans
Instead of wine, you could use 4 tablespoons sherry with 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) water