Children need plenty of iron in their diet – and beef is a great source. This quick and tasty stir-fry is perfect for kids as young as two
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 100g (4oz) baby sweetcorn cut into quarters
- 1 courgette (approx 100g/4oz) cut into matchsticks
- 300g (10oz) beef fillet, cut into very fine strips
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 150ml (5fl oz) beef stock
- 2tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
Heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir fry the garlic, carrots, sweetcorn and courgette for 3 to 4 mins. Add the beef and continue to stir fry for 4-5 mins.
Mix the cornflour together with a tablespoon of water and stir into the beef stock. Stir this into the pan together with the sugar, soy sauce, Tabasco and sesame seeds.
Bring to the simmer, cook until slightly thickened and serve with rice.