Make this delicious, fresh and healthy bruschetta in just 20 minutes – it’s great for a light summer snack, party food or starter at a dinner party
- 300g podded and shelled broad beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus an extra drizzle at the end
- 1 lemon, juiced
- A handful mint leaves, saving a few small ones back to garnish
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 100g asparagus, cut in half lengthways
- 4 slices rustic white bread, such as sourdough
- 1 garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- 1 small ball (approx.150g) of really good buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again, then peel from their skins.
Use the back of a fork to roughly crush the beans with the olive oil and lemon juice, then stir through the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the British asparagus in boiled salted water for 1 to 2 minutes and drain under cold water too.
Heat a griddle pan, toast the bread on both sides, then rub with the garlic clove. Spoon some of the beans over each slice of bread, scatter over the British asparagus, mint and mozzarella and drizzle with more olive oil to serve.