Chunky aubergine, tasty pine nuts and melt-in-the-mouth mozzarella turn this pasta dish into a flavoursome feast
- 400g (14oz) penne pasta
- 1 aubergine, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g jar tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce
- 2 x 150g packets mozzarella, torn up
- 55g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 20g packet fresh basil, torn up
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10-12 mins. Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the oil until browned and softened.
Stir the sauce into the aubergines and heat through, then add the cooked pasta. Stir well, and set aside to cool slightly.
Gently stir through the mozzarella, pine nuts and fresh basil, then season and serve.
If you're not too keen on aubergine, try using mixed peppers or artichokes instead.