These goat’s cheese crostinis are similar to bruschetta, but made with white bread instead of ciabatta. Perfect as a classy appetizer for a dinner party.
- 1 small thin baguette, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 100g (31/22 oz) Goat’s Cheese log, rind removed and crumbled (available from deli counter)
- Juice 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped basil, plus 12 small sprigs to garnish
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/160°C fan oven. Rub one side of each bread slice with garlic and brush each with a little extra virgin olive oil. Put onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 mins until golden. Leave to go cold.
Meanwhile, mash the avocado with nearly all the goat’s cheese. Then fold in the remaining extra virgin olive oil and goats cheese, lemon juice, basil and onion. Season to taste.
Top each crostini with a mound of the avocado mixture and garnish with a sprig of basil.