This delicious frittata is a great way to round off a hard day- filling, warming and comforting all at once!
- 6 rashers lean oak smoked back bacon
- 1tbsp oil
- 300g (10oz) cooked new potatoes, drained and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 6 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 100g (4oz) mozzarella cheese
- To serve:
- Grilled tomatoes and green salad. You can add extra bacon rashers if you like.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon, new potatoes and red onion for 2-3 mins until just turning golden brown.
Meanwhile beat together the eggs and chives.
Add to the pan the olives, cherry tomatoes and cheese, roughly torn.
Pour over the eggs and cook for 2-3 mins until just set. Finish cooking under a preheated grill until the eggs and cheese are cooked, brown and crispy.
Serve sliced into thick wedges with extra grilled tomatoes and crisp green salad.