Leftover meals don’t have to be boring. Use up bacon and veg from your roast dinner to make this simple but delicious mid-week bacon and squeak frittata
- 200g (7oz) lardons or thick bacon rashers, chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 100g (4oz) spring greens, shredded and lightly cooked
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 6 eggs
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and then cook the bacon lardons and onion for 2-3 minutes until they are just turning golden brown.
Add the cooked vegetables to the pan and heat through. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes until just set.
Finish by cooking under a pre-heated grill until the mixture is golden brown, crispy and completely set. Serve the frittata sliced into thick wedges with additional vegetables or salad.
This frittata is equally tasty served cold so is great for kids' lunchboxes or picnics.