This super-quick, super-satisfying chilli tastes great with baked potato – the perfect winter warmer.
Like this? You’re going to love our jacket potato fillings.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, pricked all over
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 300g/10½ oz lamb or beef mince
- 300g jar chunky tomato-based pasta sauce
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4tbsp fromage frais
- Handful coriander leaves, to serve
Cook the potatoes in the oven at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 20 mins. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the chili and mince.
Stir-fry until the mince is beginning to brown, then pour in the tomato sauce and beans. Heat through for 5 mins.
Split the baked potatoes and fill with the mince mixture. Spoon over the fromage frais and scatter over a few coriander leaves before serving.
Top tip for making Baked potato with mince and beans
Any tomato-based sauce works well with this recipe - but look out for ones with a spicy kick.