Fresh fiesty flavour from the Woman’s Weekly kitchen – try this quick and easy vegetarian stir-fry!
- 200g (7oz) wholegrain or plain basmati rice
- 125g (4oz) each frozen edamame (soya) beans and peas
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh root ginger
- ½ - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon each pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, toasted
- About 60g (2oz) fresh rocket leaves, or baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Stir the rice into a large pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil, then cook for 15-20 minutes, until almost tender. Stir in the beans and peas and leave for a couple of minutes, then drain well.
Fry the ginger, chilli, garlic and spring onion in a wok with the sesame oil for 2 minutes. Add the drained rice with the beans and peas, and then the lime juice, tomatoes and toasted seeds.
Stir in the rocket or spinach leaves, adding the soy sauce.
Use frozen broad beans or any canned beans as an alternative to edamame.