A refreshing cucumber, raspberry and blueberry salad with crab meat. It has a raspberry vinegar dressing. Can be eaten as a main or an accompaniment.
- 1 cucumber
- 8-12 small radishes
- About 90g (3oz) raspberries
- About 60g (2oz) blueberries
- 200g (7oz) crab meat
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- A little finely sliced radicchio, optional
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4 tps light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the dressing: Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Cut the cucumber in half and use a swivel-headed vegetable peeler to shave ribbons off each half into a large bowl. Add thinly sliced radishes and the fruit, and toss gently with half the dressing. Arrange the salad on 4 or 6 plates.
Spoon crab meat on top and garnish with parsley leaves and radicchio, if using. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over each portion.
Make the salad and serve it immediately, otherwise the cucumber ribbons will lose their bounce.