Rich and luxurious black forest drizzle cake is drizzled with cherry juice and optional Kirsch and topped with fresh cherries and chocolate. This would make the perfect afternoon treat or dessert for a special occasion.
- 1 x
- , with 1tsp vanilla extract instead of the finely grated rind of 1 orange in the cake and 4tbsp cherry juice (we recommend Cherry Good), 1tbsp lemon juice and optional 1tbsp Kirsch cherry liqueur instead of the juice of 1 orange in the topping.
- To decorate:
- small handful mixed cherries, fresh and glace
- 50g white chocolate, melted
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
- a little edible glitter
- 50g milk chocolate, cut into chunks
Make the drizzle cake recipe, swapping the drizzle ingredients to make a cherry drizzle instead, as in the ingredients list above.
Dip some of the cherries into the white chocolate so they’re half covered, sprinkle the chocolate side with edible glitter and set aside to dry.
Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over a little of the melted chocolate then scatter over the cherries and the chocolate chunks. Drizzle over the rest of the chocolate sauce. Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes before slicing.
This drizzle loaf cake would make the perfect dessert - just serve warm with a scoop of chocolate ice cream