A simple salad recipe with a French twist, this blue cheese salad is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or a light evening meal.
- 1 small baguette, cut into 20 slices
- About 200g (7oz) mixed salad leaves, including radicchio and frisée
- 150g (5oz) St Agur cheese
- (Roquefort would taste just as good in this salad both are available from supermarkets or your local cheese shop)
- 30g (1oz) chopped toasted walnuts
- For the dressing
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3tbsp extravirgin olive oil
Set the grill to hot. Toast the slices of baguette. Cool a few minutes. Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together. Arrange salad leaves on a plate.
Roughly spread a little cheese on to the toast with a fork. Tuck the cheesy baguette slices into the salad leaves. Scatter with walnuts and spoon the dressing over. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top tip for making Blue cheese salad
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Auvergne cheese is best eaten at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge an hour before serving.