If you don't fancy these delicious flapjacks for your breakfast, they make a great mid-morning snack.
- 85g (3oz) mixed nuts eg walnuts, almonds, pecans, roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) rolled oats
- 85g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 40g (1.5oz) dried cranberries
- 70g (2.5oz) unrefined demerara sugar
- 115g (4oz) light buttery spread, melted
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 25g (1oz) sunflower and sesame seeds
Pre-heat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4.
Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the light buttery spread and golden syrup with the bananas and egg.
Mix well and spoon into a greased shallow 22cm (9 inch) square tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle with the seeds.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked. Mark into 12 slices while still warm.