Triple tested: No need for fancy dressing sweet beans, smoky pancetta, toasty almonds and rich garlic say it all! Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 60g whole blanched almonds
- 140g cubetti di pancetta or lardons
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, kept whole and squashed
- 450g broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 2 mins if fresh, defrosted if frozen
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the almonds and dry-fry for 3-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally until toasted and golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the pancetta and garlic cloves to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until crispy.
Add the beans, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 3-4 mins until the beans are soft. Stir through the parsley and almonds before serving.