Triple tested: No need for fancy dressing – sweet beans, smoky pancetta, toasty almonds and rich garlic say it all! Brought to you by Essentials magazine.
Our guide on how to prepare and cook broad beans will make this recipe even easier!
- 60g whole blanched almonds
- 140g cubetti di pancetta or lardons
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, kept whole and squashed
- 450g broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 2 mins if fresh, defrosted if frozen
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the almonds and dry-fry for 3-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally until toasted and golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the pancetta and garlic cloves to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until crispy.
Add the beans, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 3-4 mins until the beans are soft. Stir through the parsley and almonds before serving.