If you’re a big fan of buffalo wings then you’re going to love this healthy alternative to the classic American snack. We’ve used cauliflower instead of chicken in this easy recipe and smothered it in Frank’s hot sauce to give that authentic flavour with hardly any of the calories (not to mention a 5 a day portion to tick off your list!). In fact we’ve managed to trim these delicious little morsels down to just 260 calories per serve so you can enjoy guilt free snacking whenever you fancy something naughty tasting!
- 8tbs plain flour
- 2tsp white pepper
- 1tbs paprika
- 2tsp garlic salt
- 6tbsp Frank’s hot sauce
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4tbsp yoghurt
- 100g blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Fresh chilli and parsley, to garnish
To make the cauliflower buffalo bites:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Mix together the flour, white pepper, paprika and garlic salt on a shallow plate.
- In a separate bowl mix together the Frank’s hot sauce and the honey until combined.
- Cut your cauliflower into florets. Coat each floret well in the flour mixture before dunking in the hot sauce, and then finish by coating in the flour mixture once more.
- Arrange all the cauliflower bites on a baking tray. You can spritz each one with a little spray oil here for added crispiness, just note that this will add extra calories.
- Bake the cauliflower for between 15-20 minutes until cooked through with a crunchy coating.
To make the sauce:
- In a food processor, or using a hand blender, blitz together the yogurt and blue cheese. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on a plate with the dip in a serving bowl to the side, and top with chilli and chopped parsley, if using.