Butter beans and smoky bacon are the perfect mix in this super-quick-to-prepare pasta dish
- 3 rashers smoked back bacon, fat removed
- 350g carton fresh tomato sauce
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 350g (12oz) dried orecchiette or shell pasta shapes
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
Grill or dry-fry the bacon until crisp, then cut into small pieces using kitchen scissors.
Heat the tomato sauce and butter beans in a saucepan.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then stir through the hot sauce, along with the bacon and parsley. Serve at once.
Top tip for making Butter bean and tomato pasta
You could use a ready-made jar of tomato sauce. We like Seeds Of Change's Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce.