Butter beans and smoky bacon are the perfect mix in this super-quick-to-prepare pasta dish
- 3 rashers smoked back bacon, fat removed
- 350g carton fresh tomato sauce
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 350g (12oz) dried orecchiette or shell pasta shapes
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
Grill or dry-fry the bacon until crisp, then cut into small pieces using kitchen scissors.
Heat the tomato sauce and butter beans in a saucepan.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then stir through the hot sauce, along with the bacon and parsley. Serve at once.
You could use a ready-made jar of tomato sauce. We like Seeds Of Change's Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce.