Green vegetables need not be boring! Combine them with prawns and chorizo with this easy stir-fry recipe for a light family meal under 500 cals
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g packet ready-diced chorizo
- 200g raw, peeled Indonesian prawns
- About 100g Cavelo nero, cut into strips, or ready-shredded curly kale
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, grilled and skinned (use ready roasted for speed, if you prefer), cut into strips
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chunks of rustic bread, to serve
Heat a wok or frying pan, add the nuts and cook them over a medium heat for 1-2 mins to brown. Tip out and set aside.
Put the oil and chorizo in the pan and cook over a gentle heat for a min, then turn up the heat, add the prawns and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until lightly pink all over.
Take them out with a draining spoon. Reheat the oil left in the pan, add the Cavelo nero or kale and pepper strips and stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Put the prawns and chorizo back in the pan and heat through. Season, sprinkle with almonds and balsamic vinegar. Serve stir-fry with bread.
Top tip for making Cavelo, prawn and chorizo stir-fry
Scallops would be good in this recipe, or leave out the fish and add chickpeas instead.