Deliciously rich mascarpone cheese helps turn healthy grilled haddock into a tastebud-tingling meal to remember
- 115g (4oz) mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 85g (3oz) Cheddar, grated
- 25g (1oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 x 125g (4½ oz) haddock fillets
- Courgettes and butter beans, to serve
Heat the grill to high. Put the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, parsley, Cheddar and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and ground pepper, and stir.
Put the haddock on a baking sheet and top with the cheese mixture. Grill for 8 mins or until the fish is cooked through and the topping is bubbling.
Serve with pan-fried courgettes and butter beans.
Mascarpone cheese also makes a good alternative to cream in desserts and is the main ingredient in tiramisu.