You can’t beat a nice chunky chicken soup and this recipe is just delicious. The coconut milk gives it a great creamy texture – a perfect lunch or light dinner
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 850ml/1/12 pts chicken stock
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whole basil leaves
Poach chicken breast fillet or cook in the microwave covered with film until just opaque – it finishes cooking in the soup.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add onion, and garlic and cook gently to soften. Add coriander and cumin and pour over chicken stock. Bring to bubbling, then add coconut milk.
Cut chicken into thin strips. Add to soup and bring back to bubbling. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir in basil leaves and serve immediately.
Make your own chicken stock with this easy recipe