Created by food writer and mum Jo Pratt, this this double-decker sarnie is filled with tasty tomato salsa, bacon, lettuce and cream cheese.
- For 1 double-decker sandwich
- 3 slices of seeded bread e.g. Kingsmill's The Secretly Seeded One
- 50g cream cheese (low-fat if preferred)
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ½ handful of diced red onion (optional)
- Handful of shredded crisp lettuce leaves (e.g. iceberg)
- 2 rashers of lean smoked back bacon, grilled and cut into smaller pieces
To make the salsa, mix together the tomato with the red onion.
Lightly toast the bread and spread the cream cheese onto two slices and the tomato salsa onto the third.
Top one piece of the cream cheese toast with the lettuce, cover with the salsa toast, salsa side up. Sit the bacon onto the salsa.
Finish by topping with the last slice of toast (cream cheese side down) and cut in half or quarters, holding each in place with some fun cocktail sticks.
Top tip for making Children’s club sarnie
Food writer Jo Pratt says: 'Tomato is a delicious, healthy fruit so I've suggested it's finely chopped into a salsa and used as a healthy alternative to lots of mayonnaise.'