This quick, easy chicken pasta recipe is a favourite dish for Woman's Weekly reader, Angela Cliffe from Newcastle-under-Lyme,
- 2tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1½ level tsp hot chilli powder
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 400g can of kidney beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200g (7oz) dried pasta, e.g. conchiglie, penne etc.
- To serve:
- Grated cheese, e.g. Cheddar, mozzarella or Parmesan
Heat the 2tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and fry until lightly sealed. Add the chopped onion, pepper and garlic to the pan and fry until soft. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and kidney beans to the pan. Season. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer on a low heat for 25-30 mins.
To cook the pasta: Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a small drop of olive oil to prevent the pasta sticking, then add the pasta to the pan. Simmer for 10-13 mins, stirring and checking it occasionally.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it well and add to the pan with the chicken. Stir well and serve with cheese over it.
Serve with grated cheese and warm garlic bread. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top tip for making Chilli chicken pasta
Top tip: Angela says although any pasta can be used, she particularly likes to make it with conchiglie (shells), as the kidney beans tend to nestle inside the shapes.