If you’re a peanut butter fan and a big chocoholic, you can’t beat this rich, indulgent and utterly delicious dessert.
- 200g (7oz) crushed chocolate biscuits with cream centre
- 50g (1¾ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 185g (7oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 85g (3oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 100g (3½ oz) smooth peanut butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml (9 fl oz) cream, whipped to firm peaks
- 60ml (2 fl oz) cream, extra
- 15g (½ oz) unsalted butter, extra
- 50g (1¾ oz) grated dark chocolate
- Honeyroasted peanuts, chopped, to garnish
Combine the biscuit crumbs with the butter and press into the base of a 23 x 18 x 3 cm (9 x 7 x 11/4 in) pie dish and refrigerate for 15 mins, or until firm.
Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar with electric beaters until smooth. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat together. Stir in a third of the whipped cream until smooth, then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour into the pie shell.
Refrigerate for 2 hrs, or until firm.
Place the extra cream and butter in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture just comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat, add the grated chocolate and stir until melted.
Cool a little, then drizzle the chocolate over the top of the pie to create a lattice pattern.
Refrigerate for 2 hrs, or until the cream cheese filling and chocolate are firm. Remove the pie from the fridge, scatter over the chopped peanuts and serve.
Top tip for making Chocolate and peanut butter pie
To help drizzle the chocolate, spoon the melted chocolate into a small plastic bag. Use a toothpick or skewer to poke a hole in the end of the bag near a corner. Twist top of bag to squeeze out the chocolate as you move your hand over the pie.