These rocky road-style chocolate fridge bites are great for kids, or keep them to yourself to snack on curled up on the sofa watching TV! Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 150g each of dark and milk chocolate
- 100g butter
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 50g dried sweetened sour cherries
- 50g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 75g toasted blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g digestive biscuits, broken into pieces
- 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
Grease and line an 18cm square tin.
Put the chocolate, butter and syrup in a bowl. Put over a pan of barely simmering water and allow to melt; stir briefly. Leave to cool for 2 mins.
Add two-thirds of each of the remaining ingredients; stir well. Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the remaining ingredients. Chill in the fridge, then cut into squares.