A spicy sausage recipe guaranteed to make your tongue tingle!
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 225g (8oz) chorizo sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 large leek, trimmed and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 15ml (1tbsp) mild paprika
- 850ml (1 1/2pt) chicken stock
- 30ml (2tbsp) sun-dried tomato purée
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chorizo sausage and fry over a high heat until browned; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Add the leek, celery and potatoes to the pan and fry for 5 mins. Stir in the paprika, chicken stock and tomato purée and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are just tender.
Add the beans and chorizo sausage and simmer for a further 4-5 mins. Serve in warmed bowls with the crusty bread.