Delicious lime and chilli-infused prawn and monkfish threaded on to skewers for the barbecue
- 3 limes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½-1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 400-500g (14oz-1lb) monkfish fillet, skinned
- 200g (7oz) peeled, raw king prawns
- Cooked rice and salad leaves, to serve
- You'll also need:
- 16 small bamboo skewers
Mix the juice from 1 lime with the garlic, chilli, oil and teriyaki sauce in a shallow dish. Cut the monkfish into 16 x 2.5cm (1in) cubes and put in the marinade with the prawns. Leave to marinate for about 20 mins. Soak the wooden skewers in water.
Cut the other 2 limes into 8 wedges each. Thread a lime wedge, then a piece of monkfish and 2 prawns on to each skewer.
Heat a griddle or the grill. Cook the kebabs for 2-3 mins, turning once during cooking. Heat any leftover marinade in a small pan until boiling, then pour it over the kebabs for serving.
Sue's Tip: You can use lemons instead of the limes, if you prefer.